Your privacy is important to us. At Avinas, we only collect data to improve our service. We do not sell any of your personal information.
Avinas SA is subject to Swiss data protection law, in particular under the Federal Data Protection Act (DPA).
If you have any questions about deleting or correcting your personal data, please contact our customer service department.
Avinas collects non-personally identifiable information such as browser type, language preference, referring site, date and time of each visitor request.
- Products you have seen: we use them to, for example, display products you have recently seen
- Location, IP (Internet Protocol) address and browser type: we use them to estimate taxes and shipping costs
Avinas’ purpose in collecting this non-personal information is to better understand how Avinas visitors use its website and to facilitate their purchase.
- Collection of personal information
When you buy from our website, we will ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, payment data / credit card and possibly account data such as ID and password. This information will be used to:
- Send information about your account and your order for processing
- Respond to requests, including customer relations and refunds
- Process your payment
- Set up your account for our shop
- Comply with any legal obligations, such as the calculation of taxes
- Improve the offers of our shop
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we store your name, address, email, and phone number, which will be used to pre-fill the order validation for future orders.
We generally store your information as long as we need it for the purpose for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally obliged to continue to store it. We also store comments or notices, if you choose to send them.
- 3. Access to personal data
Our team members have access to the information you provide us so that they can process your orders, make a refund, track your Avinas warranty and help you.
Your data is also shared with third party service providers as part of the processing of your order:
- Financial data shared with STRIPE or PAYPAL depending on the payment method chosen by the customer. When processing payments, certain data will be transmitted to these partners, including information required for payment processing, such as the total amount or billing information.
- Postal data shared with our service provider SWISS POST when sending your order
- Navigation data and in particular the addition to the shopping cart with MAILCHIMP: the shopping cart data is stored 30 days on our service provider’s servers and is used to restore the content of your shopping cart when you change browsers.
A cookie is a piece of information placed on an Internet user’s hard drive by the server of the site they visit and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns.
If you leave a comment on our site, you will be asked to save your name, email address and website in cookies. This is only for your convenience so that you do not have to enter this information if you leave another comment later. These cookies expire after one year.
If you go to the login page, a temporary cookie will be created to determine if your browser accepts cookies. It does not contain any personal data and will be deleted automatically when your browser closes.
When you log in, we will set a number of cookies to store your login information and screen preferences. The lifetime of a login cookie is two days, that of a screen option cookie is one year. If you tick “Remember me”, your login cookie will be stored for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookie will be deleted.
By modifying or publishing a publication, an additional cookie will be stored in your browser. This cookie does not include any personal data. It simply indicates the ID of the publication you have just modified. It expires after one day.
Finally, Avinas uses Google Adwords services to track website conversions and improve the content of its online ads. Avinas uses a cookie to track conversions sent by Google Adwords. The website operator has a legitimate interest in analysing user behaviour in order to optimise both its website and its advertising.
- Statistics and audience measures
The Avinas website uses a plugin from the Instagram social network managed by Facebook Inc. 1601 S. California Ave., Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA.
When you visit the home page of our website, your browser connects directly to Instagram’s servers. The content of the plugin is transmitted by Instagram directly to your browser and integrated into the page. Through this integration, Instagram receives information that your browser has accessed the corresponding page on our website, even if you do not have an Instagram profile or are not connected to Instagram. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted directly by your browser to an Instagram server in the United States and stored there.
If you are connected to Instagram, Instagram can immediately assign the visit to our website to your Instagram profile. If you interact with the plugins, for example by clicking on the “Like” button or leaving a comment, this information will also be sent directly to an Instagram server and stored there.
- 7. Privacy rules for Google web fonts
The Avinas website uses web fonts provided by Google for the uniform representation of fonts. When you choose a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser’s cache to correctly display texts and fonts.
To do this, the browser you are using must connect to Google’s servers. As a result, Google learns that our website has been visited via your IP address. The use of Google web Fonts is in the interest of a consistent and attractive presentation of our online services.
- Transfer of data
If Avinas SA, or substantially all of its assets were to be acquired or in the event of Avinas SA going bankrupt, the user information would be one of the assets transferred or acquired by a third party. By using the Avinas website, you acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that any purchaser of Avinas SA may continue to use your personal information as described in this policy.
- 9. Right of access, rectification and deletion of your data
In accordance with the regulations on the protection of personal data, users have the following rights:
- The right of access: they can exercise their right of access, to know the personal data concerning them, by writing to Avinas SA using the contact form. In this case, before the implementation of this right, the platform may request proof of the user’s identity in order to verify its accuracy;
- The right of rectification: if the personal data held by the platform are inaccurate, they may request that the information be updated;
- The right to delete data: users can request the deletion of their personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws;
- The right to object to the processing of data: users may object to their data being processed in accordance with the assumptions provided for by law
The response will be sent within one month of receipt of the request. This one-month period may be extended by two months if the complexity of the request and/or the number of requests so require.
Date of update: 27 August 2019